Biodiversity Chapter Review MC
Complete and check each item. When done, take a screenshot that includes your NAME and OVERALL score. Do over until you are satisfied with your score.
Members of a population may be prone to inherited genetic diseases if...
- the level of genetic diversity of the population is high.
- inbreeding takes place frequently within the population.
- a variety of habitats are available to the population.
- interaction between populations takes place in an ecosystem.
What groups of organisms are most in danger of extinction?
Which of the following is not a provision of the Endangered Species Act?
- No products from endangered or threatened species may be sold.
- Protected plants may be uprooted.
- Government projects may not further endanger endangered species.
- A species recovery plan must be created.
harvesting : poaching ::
- ivory sales : CITES
- buying : stealing
- supply : demand
- traveling : ecotourism
keystone species : ecosystem ::
peanut : Central America
sea urchin : kelp beds
- prairie dog : Great Plains
- bison : rainforest
- peanut : Central America
exotic species : endemic species ::
- fire ants : livestock
- foreign : native
- hunter : sea otter
- threat : friend
Which areas of the United States represent ecosystems with high levels of biodiversity?�
Lead poisoning and pesticides contributed to their decline. (choose the threat type & species it affects)
the introduction of hormones and thinning ozone layer (choose the threat type & species it affects)
Pacific coast fur trade (choose the threat type & species it affects)
commercial and housing development (choose the threat type & species it affects)